State Aerospace and Aviation Days 2017
ASA chapter’s primary goal is to host at least one aerospace educational event each year for their state legislature. The objective is to educate legislators on the needs and opportunities of the aviation and space community of their state. Over time, each Chapter is to become a key resource for state policy makers. State Chapters also provide networking opportunities for companies and your economic development offices. The Chapter is to become the repository of information for the state’s aerospace community and connection to state government and ASA national. Find out more at www.aerostates.org.
Here is the initial 2017 calendar of Aviation and Aerospace Days when state chapters will be meeting with state legislators. We invite you to join these chapter events as part of your state delegation.
New Mexico- January 25, 2017
Arizona- January 30, 2017
Virginia- February 1, 2017
Utah- February 15, 2017
Georgia- March 2017
Alabama- February 28-March 2, 2017
Florida March 8
Colorado- March 20
California- March 27-29
Nevada- April 6
Monthly ASA Telecon
For Lt. Governors, Delegates, Associate Members, and guests every third Thursday at 4:00 Eastern Time.
State Chapter Formation
MISSION: To educate, coordinate, facilitate, and advance the aerospace community within each state through policy development, educational discussions, and focused events, involving state elected and other government officials.
GOAL: Establish active state Chapters in all 50 states and 5 territories within 5 years. The chapter’s primary goal will be to host at least one aerospace educational event each year for their state legislature. Over time, each Chapter is to become a key resource for state policy makers. The Chapter is to become the repository of information for the state’s aerospace community and connection to ASA.
Contact Ross Garelick Bell at GarelickBell@aerostates.org
Implementing STEM Real World Design Challenge 2017
- The Real World Design Challenge is an annual high school competition run by a public-private partnership with the goal of sustainably increasing the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) workforce. The partners are focused on working within the context of the American educational system to transform STEM education in the United States by providing professional science and engineering and learning resources to students and teachers.
- For additional information contact: Dr. Ralph K. Coppola, Real World Design Challenge Director: phone: 703-298-6630, email: email@example.com, or go to the RWDC website to register a team and learn more www.realworlddesignchallenge.org.
Ongoing meetings of State Aerospace Organization Committee.
The purpose of the committee is to help bring state based aerospace and aviation organizations under the ASA banner to help grow aerospace and aviation in our states. Committee goals include:
- helping state aerospace and aviation organizations collaborate and share information to grow the aerospace and aviation enterprises in their states
- developing a database of state aerospace and aviation organizations
- sharing best practices, lessons learned, business models, charters, organizational models
Ongoing meetings of Aerospace Manufacturing Committee.
The goal of this committee is to improve the global competitiveness of U.S. small to medium-size aerospace manufacturers in such a way that will benefit local, state, regional and national economic interest